HACKMINSTER: ACCESS TO THE A-Z OF EVERYDAY POLITICS
An open source conference, with workshops, panel discussions and film screenings.
Date: Saturday 4 June
Time: 10:30am – 5:30pm
Venue: Arts 2 Building, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London, E1 4NS
Closest Tube: Mile End (Central Line)
BOOK TICKETS: CLICK HERE
Full Programme: Click here to download
“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives”
James Madison, Founding Father of America
Ever had a question about the current political environment but were too afraid to ask? Then join us at Hackminster, the open-source conference, put together by the people, for the people.
From Westminster to the East End, each of our panels are designed to educate, empower, and equip the everyday person to make effective political change.
Our incredible mix of seminars, panel events and training workshops are designed to give everyone access to the A-Z of Politics.
- Peter Oborne (Politics Editor, Daily Mail) will be launching his new book, Not the Chilcot Report, outlining how we illegally entered into the 2003 war in Iraq.
- Will Hutton (Former advisor to Tony Blair and Editor in-chief of The Observer) will discuss our current Economic situation and possible ways forward.
- Rushanara Ali MP joining a panel discussing effecitve political change.
- Writing and Filmmaking Workshops led by journalists and film-makers
- 101 introductions into current politics, including primer sessions on major political parties, foreign policy, the EU Referendum and more.
- Local panels, mixing academics and locals discussing local history, gentrification and migrant communities
And much much more as part of the Queen Mary University of London Campus Fun Day!
Click below for timetable and programme:
Queen Mary Festival of Communities
The Hackminster conference is brought to you in partnership with of the Queen Mary University of London Festival of Communities, where the University has partnered with local organisation to host events, seminars and fun taster sessions for the local community.
Excitingly, the Hackminster conference forms part of the Campus Fun Day on Saturday 4th June, where there will be talks, seminars and hands-on activities for all of the family throughout the University campus. More details about the Campus Fun Day can be found here.
Our Venue: Arts 2 Building, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS.